Team Omega

Brand New Super Smash Bros Brawl Clan in the making =3.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitey

Number of posts : 20
Brawl FC : 3093-6755-8512
Main Character : Pikachu
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:46 am

I've been kinda analyzing my playstyle. In melee, I almost always used the c-stick for smash attacks. In brawl however, I find myself accidentally doing the wrong smash with the c-stick, or sometimes the attack just not registering. I'm not sure why, maybe i'm inputting my attacks too fast for brawl, maybe there's something different with brawl that makes me suck, I'm really not sure. So I was wondering if anyone else is a c-stick user. Trying to see if anyone else has problems, or it's just me. It's probably just me, but I'm making sure first. Razz

I've also noticed sometimes with the c-stick you can do tilts, usually after a landing from a jump and trying to immediately smash a direction. That sometimes screws me up too. Sad *sigh*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PTKnight13

Brawl FC : 1762-2350-5006
Main Character : Ness
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 am

To be honest, the only moments I've ever used
the C-Stick was for UAir attacks, because the tilting the
control stick would cause my Ness to perform his second
jump and sometimes mess me up. Although, because
you can remove the jump tilt now, I never use
the C-Stick ever again Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrome

Number of posts : 35
Brawl FC : 1075-0386-0311
Main Character : Falco

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Hmmm, in my first 2 years of melee I did. However I am proud to say that I am C-stick free for a while now. I decided to quit using it as it had some lag/button issues, and if I remember correctly your attack is weaker when you use it? Anyways, I don't use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitey

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, I guess you could say the attack is weaker cause you arnt charging it at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrome

Number of posts : 35
Brawl FC : 1075-0386-0311
Main Character : Falco

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:07 pm

No, I didn't mean it like that, more like because people spam it, it becomes weaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitey

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Oh oh, right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny

Number of posts : 22
Brawl FC : 1032-0905-3829
Main Character : lucario or ike

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:15 am

i use the c stick for my specials when use ing snake for instanse i use to do his reg b some times un tell i used the c stick for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fcukinSN

Number of posts : 47
Brawl FC : 3093 6757 8607
Main Character : Lucario
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 pm

only use c-stick for falcos hit cancel cause it makes life easier ^^ god running attack to up smash without c-stick is so god damn hard -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shanus

Number of posts : 4
Brawl FC : 5284-1100-2416
Main Character : Olimar
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 pm

C-sticking aerials is a very good habit to pick up if you havent already. It allows for much better air DI as well as more efficient fast falling and overall easier timing. It was especially crucial in melee when i mained Falco and Falcon back in melee (chain SHFFL uairs to knee as falcon without the cstick and id be impressed :-O).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minty
Admin

Number of posts : 126
Brawl FC : 4596-9133-2196
Main Character : Snake

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:56 am

hmm You know what? I never really used aerials with the C-STick. Maybe I have to pick that up to up my skill? Anyhow Ive been use the A button Aerial. Hmmmm But i heard that if you cstick aerial dont you ff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamomega.forumotion.com
shanus

Number of posts : 4
Brawl FC : 5284-1100-2416
Main Character : Olimar
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Minty wrote:
hmm You know what? I never really used aerials with the C-STick. Maybe I have to pick that up to up my skill? Anyhow Ive been use the A button Aerial. Hmmmm But i heard that if you cstick aerial dont you ff?

no, youd have to continuously mash your cstick to FF. its weird at first, but is extremely useful for certain characters. For example, i like to do a lot of retreating fAirs as olimar and cstick forward while DIing backwards on the control stick is much much easier. Or FFings uAirs, etc....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juhhhhhstt

Number of posts : 6
Brawl FC : 4296-2646-2944
Main Character : Pokemon Trainer
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:02 pm

i used the C stick in melee. only for some moves though. mainly u-air and ccdownsmash. i was a doc main thats why. everything else were button.

now i barely use the cstick. idk imo i think the gameplays a lil different with brawl but still similiar. but i dont use the cstick anymore. maybe later after some useful advanced techs are discovered ha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-Maquina

Number of posts : 45
Brawl FC : 4554-0003-0596
Main Character : Diddy Kong
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am

I don't know about you guys but me on the other hand it feels like the c-stick works when it wants to work which of course in melee people would spam like hell with it as if there was no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minty
Admin

Number of posts : 126
Brawl FC : 4596-9133-2196
Main Character : Snake

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:33 pm

Sakurai or from what I heard requires to actually USE the cstick and not just tap it as in melee. So brawl requires you to smash it =o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamomega.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?   

Back to top Go down

Gamecube controller...do you use the c-stick?
Page 1 of 1